Thursday, January 18, 2007

Submission with Resistance


I never thought I'd have a blog of my own. I'm the kind of person who associates being in front of a computer with work. Therefore, if possible I'd like to spend as little time as possible hitting the keyboard.

Don't get me wrong, I thank God for the advancements in computer technology. Especially for the email. However, that's probably the furthest I've caught up with by far.

Just last week, I restarted my MSN Messenger account after 3 years since my last MSN message. And the reason I started it up again was communicate with my husband who's on an overseas work trip now. Even then, we haven't got to using it yet, cos lo and behold he doesn't have internet access! So right now, I only have 1 contact in MSN. I've purposely not told anyone except my husband that I've got MSN. I've always thought of it as a form of distraction. See, since I mainly use my computer for work, so why would I want to create distractions like that?

BUT... I want to change that mindset. I wanna use MSN as a tool to benefit me and hopefully others too. I've yet to explore the possibilities. For now til my husband comes back, I'll just stick with 1 contact. But after that, you can be sure that I'll be filling that contact list.

You must think, "Girl, where have you been!!!???"

Sometimes I think that myself! Well, like I've mentioned in the Student Info Sheet, I'm technophobic. Its a phobia I wish I didn't have. And I'm hoping my next 14 weeks with Kevin Lim will help dispel this fear.

I'll get to my "special abilities" next time, better still, you could check out my Friendster account to find out more. (Yes, I actually do have a Frienster acc!)

But for now, this is Andrea Lim signing off.

1 comment:

Ho Viet Hai said...

It's good that you have Technophobia, it only means that now you have the hunger for learning in COM 125, discovering things you have never never thought before.
Technology only makes thing easier for people. Hence, if you are afraid that it's hard to learn..hmm.. see how easy you have set up your blog?
One advice for you. Please go to http://skype.com , download the software and register for an account. This is a much advance way to call someone oversea free. Hope this help shorten your distanced relationship(currently) :)