Saturday, April 7, 2007

QotW10: No longer a virgin (gamer)

My first time in an online game and I had quite an experience. Well, first of all, in my 'Second Life', I can fly, crash land, walk off buildings, drive into walls, even come face to face with a fiery dragon, and not die! The following images are snap shots of my first journey into this new world of SECOND LIFE.


This was take at a castle-like place, and I chose it because it seems to be the only time that I can actually get a front shot of myself! Which also gives me a chance to describe my avatar - Andreosity a little.

I used to have shocking pink, spunky hair like hers, and I really liked it. Unfortunately, couldn't keep it for too long, because it was almost impossible to get any acting or commercial jobs with that kind of hair style. Well, at least I enjoyed it while it lasted. And I get to have it in Second Life now too! Like Andreosity, I'm also pretty much a very tank top and jeans kind of girl. The only difference between us is that she prefers to expose her midriff, plus she's got a more (uh-hum!) "ample" chest.



The dragon was probably the next most exciting discovery other than my uncanny ability to fly. Too bad it didn't provide me with much of an adventure in the end because it didn't try to attack me or blow fire at me, despite me trying to provoke it. It just stood there. Well, still it was my first time meeting a dragon...(yawn)








This was my favorite place, because firstly, there was a stage. And I love perfoming, unfortunately, I didn't exactly have a live audience. All there was were these giagantic figurines, and they weren't even standing in front of the stage to be my audience.
Well, the fun began when this guy (in the picture) apparantly from Australia approached me and started talking to me. He was new in Second Life too. It was the only form of 'live' interaction I had throughout my first time there.

I had a good time playing around with creating Andreosity's image. Although it did get frustrating when I went into a building only to find nothing and no one there, and I had to climb the stairs all the way down. Too bad the stairwell was too narrow for me to fly down. I just hope I have the tenacity to continue exploring this other world. I don't really know what I could expect to find...

No comments: